Importing From Theme Options Panel
Salient allows you to import any of the demos with one click via the theme options panel. Each import will import the demo pages as well as the actual theme option settings.
- Step 1. Head to the Salient options panel in your WordPress admin dashboard
- Step 2. Click on the Demo Importer tab on the left hand side of the Salient options panel
- Step 3. Click on Import Demo for your desired demo
Note: The more images a demo imports, the longer the import will take. Any demos added in v8.0 and above include a full set of sample images and can take a minute to import. Because of this, if your demo fails to import, it’s most likely because your server PHP max_execution_time setting is set too low. max_execution_time can normally be set to 40 seconds to prevent server lockups from unresponsive scripts. If your demo import fails after loading for a little, you’ll need to increase it to at least 100 seconds to allow the import to complete. If you’re unfamiliar with editing PHP settings, your hosting company will be able to handle this for you.
Once in the demo-data directory, you’ll see folders for every available demo. Within each folder will be a:
- content.xml The file which contains all of the WordPress pages/content for the demo
- screen-image.jpg The image of the demo (ignore this)
- theme-options.txt The selected theme options for the demo
To manually import a demo and have it look the same as what’s shown on ThemeForest will require importing both the content.xml (WordPress pages) and the theme-options.txt (demo styling).
Importing the xml file
- Step 1. Head to Tools > Import in your WordPress admin dashboard
- Step 2. On the Import page choose WordPress from the available and proceed to install the WordPress Importer Plugin If you don’t already have it
- Step 3. Click Choose File and then pick your desired content.xml file form the available demo folders in the above listed location
- Step 4. Click the Upload File and Import button
- Step 5. Select admin from the dropdown list or whatever your created username is and check the box for Download and Import File Attachments.
Importing the theme-options.txt file
- Step 1. Open up the theme-options.txt file from the same demo folder you imported the XML file from
- Step 2. Copy all of the text file’s contents.
- Step 3. Go to the Salient options panel > Import/Export tab, and click the Import From File button
- Step 4. Paste the text file’s contents into the newly revealed textarea
- Step 5. Click the Import button to import the Theme Options