After you’ve downloaded the main theme archive from ThemeForest you’ll see the following items inside:
- salient.zip The actual files that you will need to upload into your WordPress setup
- salient-user-guide.pdf Documentation files
- salient-child-theme.zip An installable child theme. Learn more about this here
- Licensing (folder) Contains the general item license.
There are two main ways in which you can install Salient into your WordPress setup.
- 1. Through the WordPress admin dashboard
- 2. Uploading through FTP (file transfer protocol)
Using The WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Step 1. Head over to Appearance > Themes in your WordPress dashboard
- Step 2. Click Install Themes followed by the Upload button
- Step 3. Locate the salient.zip file you extracted from the ThemeForest download archive and click the Install Now button
- Step 4. Once you’ve installed the theme you must install the Salient WPBakery page builder plugin from the Appearance > install plugins section in your admin panel. If you already have another version of WPBakery page builder active, deactivate it first. The other plugins Salient recommends in the install plugins section are optional. You read more about them in the plugin installation section of the documentation.
- Step 5. You’re now ready to use Salient, begin importing demos if you wish or you start configuring the theme options and creating content!