Skip to main content
- Full Width Portfolio Item Layout Enabling this option will remove the default WP editor for the project (which is used to populate the sidebar area) and leave only the Extra Content editor which will now display the full width of the project container. This editor will also have access to the Salient Visual Composer page builder.
- Custom Content Grid Item This will allow you to place custom content in your portfolio grid using a simple editor that will appear. By default, the project title and date (or custom except) are shown each project, but this will allow you to place any content you desire e.g. a Nectar shortcode. By using this option, the single project page will also be disabled for the project.
- Custom Thumbnail Image If an image is supplied for this field it will be used instead of the regular Featured Image. No cropping will occur so make sure you’re keeping track of the aspect ratio or else you could end up with unexpected layouts.
- Hide Featured Image/Video on Single Project Page? By default the featured image you supply is also shown in the single project page at the top, enable this option to remove it.
- Masonry Item Sizing This will set the size of your project when using a portfolio element set to a masonry enabled layout. For more details on what these sizes will display as, see the “Masonry Grid Sizing” section of the documentation.
- External Project URL If you would like your project to link to a custom location, enter it here (remember to include “http://”)
- Parent Portfolio Override This allows you to manually assign where your “Back to all” button will take the user on your single portfolio item pages. There’s a global option for this in the Salient options panel > portfolio > functionality tab as well.
- Project Excerpt By default the project date will display under your title in the portfolio grid. However, If you would like your project to display a small excerpt of text under the title in portfolio element instead, enter it here.
- Project Accent Color, Project Title Color, Project Date/Custom Excerpt Color These will be used in the portfolio thumbnail view to alter the color of the given attribute.
- Video Height This only needs to be filled out if your self hosted video is not in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Enter your height based on an 845px width. This is used to calculate the iframe height for the “Watch Video” link.
Don’t include “px” in the string. e.g. 480
- Preview Image should be at least 680px wide. Click the “Upload” button to begin uploading your image, followed by “Select File” once you have made your selection. Only applies to self hosted videos.
- Embedded Code If the video is an embed rather than self hosted, enter in a Youtube or Vimeo embed code here. The width should be a minimum of 670px with any height.